Saturday, 1 September 2012

wahooo

i bought a silhouette cameo a few month's ago now, sadly every time i planned to go near it, got it out, something happened to prevent me from using it, knock at the door, phone ringing or Ellie popping round for 5 Min's that turned to hours. i did create a card for Ellie,s birthday cant believe the minx is 5 going on 50 lol, i do have a pic on my fb page so will need to save it into a file before i bring it to my blog.
well after downloading many free files and being unable to open them i eventually sussed that i cant touch certain files as i need the silhouette designer edition, at £50 its a road I'm not prepared to go down unless i make that money selling cards created using the machine first. the other night i created this card using a free file from here http://shirleystemplates.blogspot.co.uk/. some lovely files to be bought maybe in the future once i learn more. well lets get to the card in question, made for my friend and colleague at work, she likes it, i deliberately left no greeting as in the past she has left my cards up for a year or longer, she said she may even frame this on.
because i was having problems cutting it on thicker card i cut it from thin coloured card and wrapped it round the white base card, added the gems and left it at that, a rarity for me lol.
all i need to work out now is to resize i would love this to have been bigger, but hey ho that's to come .              cut from a chocolaty thin card.
 highlighting the bling, from Joanna sheen's shop.

2 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Pleased you have been able to use my file and your card has turned out lovely. It's really easy to resize files, if you email me after I get home from holiday on 9th September I'll send you some instructions. My email address is on my website.

1 September 2012 15:53

SewSuzySew said...

Thanks for the lovely comment about my paintings .. they do look better from a distance lol!

Hope you are liking your Silhouette .. I have the original Quickutz Silhouette and I'd be lost without it.

Try http://hayley-west.blogspot.co.uk/ for tips and free files .. She is a C&C visitor for Silhouette so it might be helpful.

I don't have the Silhouette Designer software as I use Illustrator to create and then export to the software that came with the Silhouette (also original Craftrobo Software) If you are looking for free files, you want to select DXF and GSD Files, as you can use these in the original Silhouette Software.

Drop me your email and I'll send you something to play with.
Suze